1. What is the special legal mechanism for obtaining a Residence Permit for Investment (ARI)?
The ARI mechanism allows third country nationals to apply for a temporary residence permit to conduct an investment activity with a residence visa waiver to enter in national territory, i.e. Portugal.
2. What are the benefits of the ARI program?
3. Who is entitled to be a beneficiary of ARI?
4. What is the time-limit for reaching a decision on an application for obtaining or renewing ARI?
5. What quantitative requirements must be fulfilled by an investor to enable him / her applying for an ARI?
6. What are the minimum time requirements for the investment activity (i.e. how long does it have to continue?)
7. What are the requirements in terms of cautionary measures and documents?
8. Where may I apply for ARI?
9. What means of proof are accepted for granting ARI?
10. What means of proof are accepted for renewing ARI?
11. What is the time-limit for reaching a decision on an application for obtaining or renewing ARI?
12. What is the cost involved in obtaining or renewing an ARI permit?
13. When has the ARI special program came into effect?
14. As ARI holder, what family members may benefit from this same scheme, where and when
may I apply for family reunification, and how much does it cost?
15. What fiscal rules apply in Portugal?